Thursday 17 May 2007

You look tired!

I got my slap done today, I should have known how it was gonna go as today started really badly(a different post), the little man slept great last night, so as a result he was wide awake and wired (to the moon) this morning. The poor girl did my make up while I jiggled the little guy on my knee, as he alternated between laughing and screaming, probably the weirdest make over she's ever done,maybe that explains why one eye looks OK but the other looks like my hubby punched me.

When she was finished she said now you look great not as tired, I could barely look in the mirror, she did use about four coats of foundation, applied admittedly not with a trowel but with a huge brush! I was hoping to get home to take off the slap before I went to the Montessori to pick up number two child but as the little guy was so narky the traffic was rotten so I didn't manage that.

I walked up to the other mums, one or two were looking at me strangely,one said I looked really tired had I had a bad night ? She even put her hand on my arm in a reassuring way!(maybe she thinks I'm hiding a black eye with the slap) I got back to the house an took a photo to show my hubby later....so he'll know what I'll look like in 15 years time!

I did enjoy the chat with the girl,(over baby crying, unbelievably he's still awake and narky now) and I bought myself a lovely pinky lipstick. But babies and make overs don't mix!

5 comments:

aquaasho said...

What a wagon saying to you "you look tired"! That's not on at all! Unless it's your best friend that's not a nice thing to say to anybody (even if true)!!
Pink lippy sounds good though, I haven't bought make up in years. My daughter has stolen the small collection I had.

Midget Wrangler said...

My mum always says I look tired! Well I am tired I suppose! Some of the women at the montessori are a bit plastic,some are lovely but like everywhere there are the the designer clothes (for kids as well)SUV's and plastic surgery! I can't compete in my banger! So why try.

aquaasho said...

Oh sod them, they're probably unhappy trying to compete all the time and they're probably not getting as much action as you by the sounds of things! ;-)
(I'm just beign bitchy now amn't I?!)

Midget Wrangler said...

meow! you're terrible you are :-) YOu probbly are on the button there though, the kiddies are three and four and the birthda parties are unreal, each better than the last! My little one is four at the end of the year and she's putting pressure on me now because the parties are so fancy! As for the action most of their husbands have really high powered jobs, hence the lifestyle and maybe you don't need love if you're loaded!

aquaasho said...

I have the love but will be losing the dosh when I give up work! Aw