My little guys baptism is in a few weeks and I'm going to a black tie wedding in July so I need a couple of outfits. Today after dropping my first born son at his second party of the day I decided to kill a bit of time wandering around the local shopping centre, with narky baby and overtired three year old in tow. I picked up a couple of things, things i never would have worn before but with Gok's fashion in mind and my resolution not to cover up my hourglass anymore I decided to try them on.
With the three of us squeezed into the changing cubicle the baby now wailing like a car alarm and my toddler trying to shove her dirty fingers in his mouth, then running away when I asked her to stop,I tried them on and really liked two of them, but they were too big so not only did I find two dresses that looked great and felt fab but I got to buy them in a smaller size so i was practically floating out of the cubicle. When I got outside I realised I had no money with me, but that was easily remedied.
I met my hubby who thought both dresses were fab, but he couldn't believe that with the crazy circumstances of my shopping trip that I bought anything let alone two outfits! Usually a wedding would induce panic and weeks of shopping, finding nothing that suits me and then feeling ugly and freakish, winding up wearing something old from my wardrobe! So I've decided that the secret to successful shopping is bringing no money, a screaming baby and a terrible toddler, I could offer it to other women, a sort of alternative personal shopper service!
Saturday 12 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment