Well it's happened, first period since baby was born....therefore first period in nearly a year!!!! OH GOD! Was feeling pretty awful but as my little guy is less than two months old I figure I'll be up and down for another few months. On Wednesday evening I had a couple of glasses of wine and decided to order my shopping on line (three kids and a smallish car makes regular shopping trips hellish, so a once a month mega shop delivered makes sense), I ordered all the nappies, formula and store cupboard staples, but then things stared to go a bit wrong. I ordered some ice-cream and ice pops, a little wine, some beer and cream cakes.So last night I headed out with one of my friends to her stitch and bitch group (my first time, more about that later) and I left my husband in charge of the weenies and to receive delivery of the shopping. When my friend dropped me home I invited her in for a cup of tea and when hubby answered the door he said he had to show me the freezer (now remember two things, one, I'd been drinking when I ordered food, and two, that my friend was with me), oh God, it was like a sugar crazed shopaholic had gone berserk!
This was the sugary contents of our freezer, six tubs each of Haagen Dazs and Ben and Jerry's, one tub of iceberger ice cream, one multi pack of icebergers, one multi pack of choc ices, one multi pack of wibbly wobbly wonders, one multi pack of super splits, one multi pack of magnums and a pack of Mr Freeze! Then he opened the fridge, where there were many,many fresh cream cakes and in the hall? There was a huge box of Miller beer, and the wine rack was full....it has never been full! I'd ordered eight bottles! Then there were the months worth of nappies, the baby obviously is in nappies but so is the middle one, (we had a toilet training set back when baby was born), so it looked like we were obese alcoholics who ran some sort of Dickensian (there were several packs of porridge-my favorite food) creche, nappies, formula, ice-cream and booze!
I was mortified...my friend thought it was hilarious, It's drinking and clicking I suppose, that and the fact that I was getting my period! But the sad thing now is that it's here I can't even think about looking at the ice cream! All I want is porridge and painkillers!
It's awful, I'm so narky, I know I'm being narky but I can't stop it, I know I'm being needy but I can't stop it! I had totally forgotten how crap you feel! My lovely hubby is working away this weekend, probably for the better...I really should be given a straitjacket and locked in a padded room for the duration! In the orthodox Jewish community I believe, the women are kept away from their husbands while they are menstruating, they sleep in separate beds, and when the period is over they go to the temple and have a holy bath so they are no longer "unclean", and they are allowed to share their husbands beds. Part of me is appalled, that's so sexist, but still it defines the time as "different", which it is and it separates the men and women at a time when maybe that's not a bad thing?
On the positive side I had that "Thank God I'm not pregnant", feeling! I know that next week I'll feel like myself again, hopefully! Oh and a week of "free" shagging, Yippee!

2 comments:
Your friend *still* thinks it's hilarious...I read this out loud to B! BWahahahahhaha
You left out the chocolate muffins. :-)
Oh God!!!!
Should I edit the post to put them in? And the awful thing is now I don't want anything sweet so I made a huge bowl of chorizo and kidney bean rice! Ate too much! I'm so glad I provided the entertainment for you guys this evening!
Post a Comment