Tuesday 8 May 2007

Exterminate! Exterminate!


My two older kids and my husband love Dr Who and while I can appreciate it on a visual level for David Tennant I am still terrified by it, totally! My little princess who's three isn't scared by it, and I try to find excuses not to be in the room when it's on! Last week I was trapped under a feeding baby so couldn't escape and I had to watch it, perhaps to distract myself from the scary scorpion human mutation, but I started drawing parallels between parenthood and Dr Who The children are the daleks single minded and evil, destroying everything in their path to get what they want, and like Dr Who we could escape when they couldn't climb stairs but once the learned to climb the stairs we are screwed. And the Cybermen, they are the parents empty shells of human beings, just programmed to tend to the children's every need and whim! But what I couldn't figure out was where David Tennant fitted into this, so I had to spend a good fifteen minutes (fantasising) thinking about him,but I didn't come to a conclusion that I was willing to share...

No comments: