I can't do this, how do we mothers do this? Baby is a month old and my hubby has had his first night working away tonight, I was dreading it obviously, but I had no idea how badly it could go!
My other half is great in the evenings when he gets home from work he will sit with the little one and baby loves that and usually drops off for a couple of hours, but I don't have the same effect on him. I think it's that my boobs get in the way and he's not as comfortable as on my hubby!
So today the kids and I spent a very active day, football, visiting family and a good four hours wandering in Dundrum Centre, Bambino was awake for most of the day so I was convinced tiredness would get the better of him and He'd conk out at the normal time. but no, it's half eleven at night and he hasn't closed his eyes since five this evening, so screaming, some crying( he has real tears now, they don't get them until they are about a month old) some moaning and some happily awake.
I am so tired, the other two kids were shattered and asleep earlier than usual but he's just bopping around, It is Saturday night so maybe he'll be just a total party animal when he gets older.
He is lying in cradle now so I jumped at the chance and poured a glass of wine and opened up the lap top, As he gets older I should be having some me time, and believing this I bought my Good Food magazine thinking I'd get to read it. It's still in the bag!
I know having three little people in the family instead of two would make things more complicated but I definitely wasn't prepared for how complicated! With every child that I give birth to I have less and less me time,and now there is no me time at all, I'm grateful for ten minutes in the morning to shower and get dressed! But i know, I know it'll get easier!
On an up note he's so cute, smiling and grunting little chats! He's the image of his big brother, and as my mum said today if he's half as good as his big bro he'll be a dote!
Saturday 5 May 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment