Sunday 6 May 2007

Look what I got!

I was shopping the other day in Next, obviously for baby clothes, and this little statue caught my eye!
I wonder why? Just sort of sums up how I felt pushing an empty buggy as my little angel screamed in my arms and the older two wandered off or fought like wildcats!

I nearly bought the "How to baby proof your marriage"book, I picked it up and flicked through it! A lot about dealing with interfering granny's and such but of course I flicked forward to the section everyone talks about. The 3 minute solution- apparently Women after they have babies don't ever want to have sex again and all their husbands want to do is have sex! So the three minute solution is once a week you give your husband a blow job! The book was written by two mothers but I wonder.....

The authors say that if you sacrifice the three minutes it takes ( three minutes, Jesus, I must be doing something wrong!) your husband will be so grateful/delighted that he'll do the next middle of the night feed or stinky nappy change, hmm, I don't know seems a bit hokey to me. Apparently men think if a woman says she's not in the mood for sex that it means they don't love and find their partners attractive anymore, so she doesn't want sex but just put his dick in your mouth and his belief in your relationship will be rejuvenated.

This is bullshit! It insults both men and women, men aren't bloody morons who will leave their hassled, exhausted, breastfeeding wives if they refuse them their conjugal rights, and if they would then they are edjits and not worthy of an adult relationship. The authors lump all women into the frigid camp too, the feeling is that we are just delighted to have an excuse to turn down sex, which is rubbish, some do, some don't just like some men can't separate emotion and sex. Do they really think that three minutes a week of automated totally unspontanious oral pleasure will keep the spark alive.

Maybe they are correct and I'm totally wrong but I think three minutes of cuddling or three minutes of hard core sex or whatever the hell feels right is the best thing to do,maybe if I told my hubby I was giving him a good time for three minutes so he'd feel so grateful he would walk the floors with the little midget for two hours in the middle of the night he'd jump at the chance, but I doubt it. On the other hand I'm sure that a large percentage of men would have as many kids as possible if they thought they'd get unlimited blow jobs!

Then again I have always felt very attractive and womanly after giving birth, I don't think being a mother excludes the possibility of being sexual. I'm always amazed at the changes in my body, and each time it's different, even squeezing my jelly belly into my jeans makes me laugh!

God, I've gone on again, I didn't mean to talk about my sex life, well I didn't really tell you anything did I? And anyway sure no one is reading this so I'm just talking to myself.
The midgets are asleep so it's bed for me! Alone, cos my lovely hubby is working away tonight.

2 comments:

Jo said...

Interesting, I had no idea! I@m doing something wrong too - I thought it was meant to be great having a man who lasts, but it can get very hard on the jaw...

you're right about it being insulting though - buying household 'favours' with sex? It's manipulative, and smacks of - well, as sort of prostitution, really!

I think the only reason you should give someone a blowjob is because you want to - or it's hteir birthday... :)

Midget Wrangler said...

Jo, I totally agree....but imagine having the opposite problem!!!! I can't just grin and bear it and do things i don't want to, so it doesn't happen unless i'm in the mood, I think even though our babies are young and in theory we are supposed to have sworn off sex forever it's good to be close to your partner physically...he he he!