Saturday 26 May 2007

Is 9 a teenager?


I love my darling eldest boy, he's always been a real sweetheart, loving and caring and really clever! Recently he has started to act very oddly, he's moody and doesn't want to take showers, or wash his hair. Don't talk to me about his bedroom, it's like a dump, never mind the fact that it's all messed up with books and toys and clothes he brings up food and drinks to his room. So I go in the mornings to wake him up and there are food wrappers on the ground and in his bed, there are half empty glasses of rank milk on his window sill and squeezed up mini cartons of juice on top of the PlayStation, I found Easter egg wrappers under the futon during the week! It drives me crazy, until now he's been tidy but now he seems to have changed into another child.


He's growing into a young man, he's nearly too big for his midi bunk bed thingy! He wants to wear gel in his hair all the time now and after i gave him a little sample bottle of Gucci pour Homme he wants to buy scent for himself. The other day we went shopping for shoes and now his feet are only one size off mine! It's not gonna be long before he's locking himself in the bathroom for hours on end ( squeezing spots i hope) and leaving horrible giant smelly trainers around the house!



When I was a teenager my brother was a few years younger than me, My mum would go up to his room and find food hidden everywhere, wrappers of chocolate bars and crisp packets, she even found a full box of fresh cream cakes under his bed at one stage! He used to dump dinners he didn't like in the top of the wardrobe with his hidden porn collection! mashed potato and rashers, peas and casserole going green on top of the only soft porn magazines available in Ireland at the time!



I'm not looking forward to it, I'm already mourning the loss of my little guy in a way,and I'll have to get to know the strange sulking, hulking giant who'll be living under my roof eating all my food!!!

2 comments:

aquaasho said...

I know nothing about boys but all sounds normal to me. If he's anything like my daughter he will go through that phase till about 11 or 12 and then turn into a lovely handsome young man. Something to look forward to eh?

Midget Wrangler said...

Thanks Aisling, I hope you're right, I have been quite worried as he seems so zonked, but i know it's not anything sinister, thinking about giving him fish oils, The are good for concentration. My hubby takes them and says they helped him.