
The lovely girl that I buy my moisturiser from has booked me in for a makeover tomorrow morning, I was in the shop about two weeks after my little monkey was born and she insisted that I let her make an appointment. So tomorrow morning my handsome little guy and I will have an hour of unimaginable fun. I love this girl, she is a lovely human being but she's by no means a make up artiste!
Last time I went for my make up session she airbrushed my foundation which is supposed to look subtle and take years off me. She also did some smokey eyes, you know the grey sultry look and to finish lovely Cleopatra eyeliner. Now maybe any one of these would have worked alone but together, no! The airbrushed foundation seemed to settle in my crows feet so instead of taking ten years off me I looked like Pat Butcher from Eastenders and the smokey eyes and eyeliner just added to the undead/street walker vibe.
The best thing about the make over is you don't see any of it until the final reveal when she lets you look in the mirror, and then the fight to make your shock look like pleasant surprise or you laughter look like delight is great fun. I buy an item, cos i like her (and they work on commission), usually the least offensive item, last time it was the clear lip gloss! Last time I was meeting the hubby and two kids afterwards, we all nearly wet ourselves (the two year old definitely did) my hubby took about ten pictures which the girls in work found hilarious!
So tomorrow will be great, and who knows if the little man is awake and starts to cry and put her off I'll look even better, maybe Aunt Sally from Wurzel Gummage!

2 comments:
It must be something about the way other people see you or something cos I've never had anyone do my make up well (only had it done for weddings or whatever). That Aunt Sally look is very popular with these people who do make up for a living! Are you going anywhere nice after?
I was going to pick up my little one from montessori afterwards. not exactly "somewhere nice".All I was worried about was getting home to take off the slap before I picked her up but as is always the case when you want something it doesn't happen.....so I looked like an ancient street walker! I don't wear as much make up as she puts on me so I think I look older when She's finished with me.I did buy a lovely lipstick she used though, very subtle.
Post a Comment