Thursday 3 May 2007
What Did We Do Before?
Picking my eldest little midget up from tennis practice last week I was chatting to one of the other "Yummy Mummys" and comparing our schedules, who had to be dropped where and picked up when. I sighed dramatically and looked up to heaven, she continued cheerfully, "What did we do before we had kids?". I laughed and replied "well, I don't know about you but I had a life!" Judging by the look on her face it was totally the wrong thing to say! My hubby tells me that I can't judge by appearances and that some of the perfect women that I meet at the schools and montessori, at after school activities and birthday parties, might feel the same way I do and that it is all an act and some of them are freaky mothers like me. Maybe that's true, but maybe when you pretend to be perfect for long enough you start to believe it (and live it) and you honestly think gymboree is great for networking! Maybe if I try really hard I can change from a slummy mummy to a yummy mummy! But do I really want that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment