Wednesday 16 January 2008

"What's wrong Homer?Haven't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam shell before?"



The picture is the Birth Of Venus, I have no idea why I picked this photo except that it is so beautiful and dreamlike. It makes me feel quite peaceful....which is a good thing, yesterday was a killer of a day and today I'm still feeling a bit touchy!In fact I'm feeling extremely touchy. I feel like I want to have a long sleep...a whole weekend in bed maybe! Just getting up to make tea and toast!



It feels like my brain has reached the limit of what it can handle at one time. Yesterday started ok, for a Tuesday, the day before had been awful and I'd found myself in the doctors having blood taken, after feeling ill and then getting a bit woozy, so Dr S just called me about an hour ago and my iron levels are low, so I am gonna have to go back on the iron tablets, and the great news is my cholesterol levels are down....nearly normal! So my lifestyle changes are working!So back to yesterday, I did my usual morning drop off of the kids and my morning chores, then I headed up to the childcare in the gym to drop off the baby and have my 45 minutes of me time, walking and singing along to my Mp3 player! Baby was having none of it....


So after about 10 minutes I headed to the gym, leaving a cranky little guy behind. I got ten minutes on the treadmill, my head was starting to clear, my body was beginning to get into a feelgood rhythm and my mood was lifting, the phone rang and it was the girl in the wobbler room, saying baby was very upset (I could hear him screaming the place down) so I had to go and collect him..... I walked into the room and his face lit up! He was so delighted to see me! I gave in and went home, popping into the shower and putting narky pants in his cot for a little rest. When I got out of the shower there were two missed calls on my mobile, and when I listened to the messages, my oldest son had collapsed in assembly and i needed to go and pick him up.



When I got to the school my son seemed ok, but it didn't stop his teacher asking me really obvious questions, like "did he eat today?" "maybe you should bring him to the doctor?" I felt pretty small, like I was a bad mother. Then I headed home (stopped in the chipper...I know I shouldn't have but I have my period and I am constantly craving carbs!) The afternoon was ok, except for putting a post on the group blog and it opening a can of worms that upset me. I headed to my folks then, as my mum was minding the weenies for me so I could go to my therapist. I went to therapy, it was a hard session, sometimes I come out feeling great but other times like yesterday I leave feeling heavy and bogged down in the negative things we spoke about. I was so upset I just had to grab the kids and then head home.



So yesterday was a horrible day, but it's over and today I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill before the baby freaked out and I am seeing my fella/boyfriend/bloke/ gentleman caller/ significant other? tonight! I have a load of bits to do between now and then but I am feelling a bit better just knowing I am escaping from the kids for a while!

6 comments:

aquaasho said...

Aw MW sorry you had such a shite day. Sounds awful. Hope your son is ok. Grace went through a phase of fainting, very worrying. Tests after tests after tests showed nothing more than an iron/ vitamin deficiency - oh maybe with you low on iron he is too?? Hope all is ok anyway.
Have a great night, it'll make up for yesterday!

Jo said...

Kindervital for all the family! You can get the Floradix iron in tablet form now, and it doesn't constipate you, which it has over hte other stuff the doctors prescribe.

I hope the good stuff can balance out and make the bad stuff handle-able.

I went for an afternoon out today tomeet other mums in Arklow shopping centre - v quiet nad peaceful - and I got half price beautiful shoooooz in TK MAxx!! Whee!

Anonymous said...

My friend suffers with black outs/fainting, they started in her early teens and I think the last one she had was during college. She had CAT scans and all that and takes ongoing medication for it...I'm not sure what the clinical term is for what she has but I do know she was on the iron tablets for a while too before she went on this other medication.

Her doctor has told her to come off it now to see if she has 'grown out' of the episodes (she is now 25) but she is worried she will start to black out again, perhaps while driving. It's a strange one for sure.

Sounds like a pretty crappy day MW, hopefully your wednesday Thursday will be a bit better. Roll on the weekend, although limping at the moment due to some foot issues, doh! You really take being able to walk freely for granted until you have to suffer to do so.

Midget Wrangler said...

Ah Voodoo, your poor foot!I hope you are taking care of yourself? I had a lovely evening yesterday and today (Thursday) is going well! I have a lovely day planned for Saturday which I am really looking forward to!


Jo, Half price shoes! Yippee! I have the floradex iron alright, but my problem is I'm not willin to give up tea....and the tannin in the tea binds to the iron, stopping from being absorbed!

MY iron is 11, should be around 13...so it's not too bad!Ash I'll bring him to GP next week, I'm sure he'll dismiss my worries!

Jo said...

Oh, my midwife said 12 was normal I think! Mine was 14 at the start of pregnancy.

Orange juice helps iron absorption, I wonder would htat counterat the tea?

Mmm, orange juice!

Midget Wrangler said...

Beetroot is a great source of iron, spinach, Spa tone....I'm not a fan of the iron supplements, my body reacts badly! Really badly, I feel so ill, head tummy, everything!