Monday 14 January 2008

Only the lonely (will need this service)


Ok, so my last post got me thinking, I am gonna have to ask mum and dad to take care of me after my operation, or at least take the kids and leave me with a flask of tea sandwiches and my painkillers beside the bed! My dad will probably bring me to and from the hospital, and I know if they couldn't one of my friends would help me, and while it's so not the same as your partner taking care of you I am still lucky to have all these people in my life who love me! But what if I didn't?



What if my family weren't around or too elderly to help? If I was living here alone? If I was just a loner, drifter, no support network of friends? We all say, no, and shake our heads "that couldn't happen" but for lots of people for lots of different reasons it does happen. So I have had an amazing idea (?). I will provide a service, I'll bring those people to the hospital, I'll pick them up afterwards and nurse them back to their prime with a combination of my amazing cooking, bedside manner (no dirty jokes) and lots of old episodes of sex in the city (or Fawlty Towers for the men). Obviously I won't do it out of the goodness of my heart and will charge a hefty fee (those Celtic tiger cubs have money to burn, but all that working doesn't leave much time for forming friendships) and for the underprivileged? The eastern health board can splash the cash!


Now I'm a true modern Irish woman, exploiting other peoples misfortune to my own advantage, like the people who run childcare facilities (I believe the people who run Guantanamo Bay are opening a lovely facility in Dublin 8) I feel? I feel.....like I need to shower!

5 comments:

Jo said...

Brill idea. Go for it.

Midget Wrangler said...

YOu are so cynical!!!! Hee Hee! you could make the candida free special diet tea!

Jo said...

Girl, I was serious!

Jo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Midget Wrangler said...

ok.....no, I give you permission to use my idea though......but you have to pay me 10% of your profits!