Tuesday 29 January 2008

Sometimes it's hard to be a woman...and not so hard to be a man!

I spend a lot of time talking about women and how hard done by we are sometimes, don't I? But the other day I started thinking about how lucky women are sexually. I know we have the messy job of having babies, and that is really messy, we have the morning sickness, swollen bellies and sore boobs, we have periods for about 40 years of our lives, then the menopause to look forward to. Yeah! you're right I'm not really selling it to you am I? But there are pluses to these things, dealing with the hormonal roller coaster of having periods generally I think helps women to be more able to deal with the ups and downs life throws at everyone. Having children is an amazing gift and the bond between a mother and her child is something even the most devoted father will never fully appreciate. The menopause....well no more concerns about birth control!

But then the pluses of being women...sexually anyway, we have nicer sexual organs, boobs are lovely, everyone can agree to that, big or small, pert or floppy they are all different and gorgeous, topped with a little raspberry nipple, what could be prettier? Our girly bits are all hidden away, a little secret garden to be discovered, men on the other hand have their dangly bits hanging around on display constantly! Women can have as many orgasms as they like, multiple if they so desire, where as most men are one shot and out for the count. Women's orgasms are much cleaner, now while all the messy bits of sex make it enjoyable as a woman it's great to have an orgasm and turn over in bed enjoy my afterglow and drift off to sleep (leaving my partner frustrated beside me-joke!) I don't have to root around for tissues or baby wipes, or pop into the bathroom for a little clean up!

Then there is the huge issue for men, erections! I cannot imagine what is like to have that kind of pressure on you as a man. If you are in a situation with a woman where for whatever reason you can't get it up, or keep it up....? Jesus it must be nerve wracking. As someone who has been sexually active for 17 years now I have had instances where this has happened, for whatever reason and as a woman I felt unattractive and undesirable, rejected, but I can't imagine how the man must have felt. I have often gotten frisky over the years when I wasn't fully into it, but it didn't matter, my partner couldn't tell, I don't have a visual sign of arousal as undeniable as an erection, so could just go along with the flow. A guy can never do that, he needs the erection. The erection is a symbol of youth and health, of sexual vitality, it must be so depressing when things start to go wrong. Hence the huge market for pumps and implants, cock rings and pharmaceuticals that will keep you hard. I don't think I'd be able to live with the pressure if I was a man and would probably choose a life of abstinence over risking failure.

4 comments:

Jo said...

Heh heh. This sounds like a passive aggressive way of making someone feel really bad about a spot of impotence! :)

Midget Wrangler said...

Oh God....Thats not it at ALL!

Jo said...

I know, I know. I know this is jsut a genuine empathetic post. I'm just fucking with ya!

Jo said...

Actually, I've had the same thought, but it's the inopportune teen hardons I always felt were the worst!