Saturday 5 January 2008

Smug Marrieds!

OK, so it's Sunday alright......I kept my promise! It was extremely difficult! I am in Waterford city, staying in the home of my oldest friend and her husband. Now I made it down late Friday evening, so we had a pizza and some wine then a movie, and today I had a lovely facial and then went shopping with my friend. I did well I bought a lovely top to wear with jeans for my 35th birthday party in April.....come on guys, get organising, I have been through so much this year I deserve a mad night out!(See I can do a good guilt trip!) I also bought an amazing red fake fur jacket....I know! It's a bit $20 hooker but I like it, and I decided that it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks of me or how I dress.

So after shopping we picked up an Indian from a lovely restaurant and headed back to the house, we ate, had a few beers and by twenty to eight we were slumped in front of the TV. Now I'm in a totally different situation from my friend she is happily married with her partner of nearly ten years, I am single (well, I'm not married, I am seeing someone "going out with someone", but I was down here on my own and I thought we might have gone to the local of a bit of a laugh, maybe even the local hick disco for a bit of a bop! But no I logged on to check my mail and update my face book, she lay on the sofa with the dog on her tummy while her hubby sorted through old invoices.

Now they weren't being mean, this to them is a lovely relaxing evening, but can I point out one thing, they have no children, they have no idea of the luxury of babysitting, they when you have the kids you are stuck in the house unless you pay for a babysitter, to them it's not a big deal to go out, or to stay in! Then at ten my friends husband yawned and retired for the evening, my friend lasted until ten forty five, and I'm still up at five to one in the morning! OK, I am gonna try to read myself to sleep! Home by lunchtime tomorrow to be with the crazy children! I have to be honest, I didn't miss them......sorry! It took me a whole day to unclench and then I was just so enjoying having no restrictions on my time! I'll write a post tomorrow about my few days away!

2 comments:

Jo said...

Oh that's a terrible postcard!

I think it should be 'snug marrieds' not smug marrieds!

I don't know. I suppose I would have wanted to show you a good night out in their situation. But it does just go to show, the grass is always greener.

Don't worry about not missing the kids, we al ldeserve a break, especially when it's being horrible! Hopefully they'll be nicer to you when you get back!

PolkaDot said...

Jo, that's what I thought too! If someone comes to visit, you show them a good time, regardless!

Missing kids...mmmm, sounds good to me! :-)

And all of April is wide open for your do. Just let us know when and where and we're there!