Tuesday 29 April 2008

Plague house!


This is kind of the why my weekend was so crap part two I suppose!



My baby is sick, last week when I was blogging I mentioned he was unwell and clingy (as i type this he is asleep with his head on my shoulder, he is still in clingy mode) well on Thursday I was worried but went to visit mum in the hospice and stay in my boyfriend's house as planned, but when I got in on Friday morning, at about half six he was not well. Burning up and crusty eyes and nose, eyes rolling around in his head, totally not himself, but after kids Neurofen he perked up and I relaxed enough to bring him out to meet my friend Jo for coffee for her birthday.



Now I got to Avoca, I was a wee bit late, hassled, worried about the baby, and while trying to get out of the car I twisted my neck and a muscle went into spasm!I was just fucked. Got into Avoca, after calling my friend who wasn't there yet, but said another of our friends was there, in I went and there she was at the counter, I hugged her and tried to make my way through the crowds with my baby in the buggy and a huge bag (my friends present), now it was packed, I mean really for fucks sake, it's a coffee shop! There were the yummiest of mummies with designer buggies that cost more than my car, which were so big and bulky you couldn't get by them, now did I fail to mention I had my light buggy with me? A ten year old, very very tattered Maclaren, I looked liked a knacker!


>So I am feeling hassled and looking for a table, a very pretty smiley girl comes over and says "HI", I answer with a hi, and she says, "I think I am meeting you for coffee today?" I look at her blankly for a moment before saying, "NO, I don't think so, bye", I walk off wondering how she thought she knew me,as she was really familiar, did we have our babies in Holles street at the same time? So I find a table, my friend comes over, sits down, and then the pretty auburn haired girl comes over, "HI!", and suddenly everything falls into place I know this lovely woman, OH GOD!!!!!!! I was mortified, I spent the rest of the coffee telling her how sorry I was! We had a nice time, the baby managed to be Happy just sitting on my lap, but not his usual self.



So I made it home, picked up my daughter from Montessori on the way. Brought the baby in from the car and I hear "Blurghhhhhhh" he had vomited all over my back, I turned him around and "blurghhhh " all over my front, so all of our clothes had to go into the machine, I got into PJ's knowing it was safer, I called my doctor he said don't bring him in see how he is in the morning, I conceded to his medical expertise. The rest of the day was pretty crap, sick baby, frustrated mum, I wasn't gonna be able to go out for my friends birthday now, I did eventually make it over to my boyfriends for an evening of tea and sympathy but I was in such a low mood we nearly killed each other, there was such distance between us and I was so touchy, everything was an attack, he was totally baffled. In the morning things weren't much better and I left thinking I wouldn't be going back.



Now I got home, baby really ill still, called Doctor he said leave it till Monday, I decided to go with mummy instinct and popped them into the car, Doc looked at him and apologised, my son had strep throat (unusual in a baby.....hygiene levels in my house?????) he also needed antibiotic eye drops for eye infections, that and the oral antibiotic and the doctors fee didn't leave much change form 100 euro! So I went to the bank machine, to take out some money.....I forgot both my bank card PIN numbers......the machine ate one card which I had to go and get reissued yesterday, I have remembered the other number now......but for three days My mind was a blank!



So now baby is a bit better, but I have a sore throat and headache, I am just hoping this week will improve.....please please God, Jesus, Buddha....Sponge bob!??

6 comments:

Bonn said...

One disaster after another. I hate that. Sometimes you know it's gonna get worse and it does. Just don't say those fatal words "things can't get worse".

I'm not the best sympathy commenter sorry.

Midget Wrangler said...

the Brontes would have been proud of your angst!!!!

aquaasho said...

Aw MW. I think Claire totally understood, you had no need to be mortified at all.
We all have those days. Last Friday the husband came home from work and said "How did the young fella get on at the speech therapist?" "Wha?!!" I had completely forgotten to bring him. He has this appointment every Friday. I had been doing absolutley nothing. Just completely forgot. Head. Like. Sieve. And I didn't have a sick baby to worry about so you're a bloody supermum as far as I'm concerned. You're doing a great job!

Midget Wrangler said...

Thanks Ash, for the support!

Ash, you are a great mum too,you know that, maybe our brains can just accomodate a certain amount of information!

Jo said...

Ais, I'd been waiting on an eye appointment with the specialist for my daughter for nearly a year - finally got one, was meant to confirm within 4 days. Instead I didn't and forgot to go at all.

!!!

Anonymous said...

Poor baba. It's tough having a small sick like that. I worry endlessly and check them throughout the night. I'm a fusser.