
I've been worried that my blog about being a mother and all the ups and downs that brings has turned into a bit of a sex blog, my fellow bloggers on the group blog have been taking the piss! Now i think i talk about lots of different things on my blog, knitting, kids, relationships, day to day crap and yes sex! Last week I wrote a post about Mika and being a fat girl. I'm not one dimensional. I think it's odd that people notice me talking about sex, also I am actually starting to wonder if there is something wrong with me?
I've been sexually active since I was 17, same guy then as now, I've never had a period in my life when I didn't have sex, even while pregnant ( I know this freaks some people out), so I just think of it as a normal bodily function, like eating or drinking. I think about sex a lot, it's interesting, it titillates me as I watch kids TV, or while I do the school run! I just think it's natural. I was on the pill for a large period of time in my teens and twenties and not only did it make me a psycho, it also killed my sex drive, since I've given that up 8 years ago my sex drive has natural ups and downs. Does it make me a freak cos I like it? Like to think about it? Like to look at it? The reason I like the sexy pictures for the blog is cos they please me.
I like sex toys, does that make me a weirdo, or a pervert, or make my husband less of a man? It's a bit of spice, a bit of something different, like handcuffs or costumes or body shots! I'm not trying to appear more interesting than I am, this is me. I find that the more sex i have, the more orgasms I have solo or with my hubby the more i want it. Sex is healthy, it's free, it's exercise! It releases endorphins it makes you feel better if you are feeling stressed, it helps you sleep and it burns calories, what's not to like!
So I suppose if I'm a pervert than so be it, oh by the way i lied this is a sex post!

12 comments:
You so did lie, this is not a post about mothers at all, it is definitely a post about sex. I@ve been woefully misled...
I'm going to have to ask you personal questions tonight, though!
I was on the pill about 10 years ago for acne. When I told the (female) skin doctor I wanted to come off the pill cos it ruined my sex drive she looked at me like I had just said I wanted to murder a puppy. I think she thought I shouldn't have a need for it!
Ash, loads of people I've spoken to over the years have said it kills their desire for sex, it's ironic, it was hailed in the 60's as this miracle that would allow women to enjoy sex the same way men can, no risk of pregnancy, but it kills the urge to have sex in (some) women.
Jo, what kind of personal questions? I'm a very private person you know:-}
MW-When I first went on the pill about seven years ago, the doctor put me on this one which I think was called celest. It didnt just kill my sex drive it turned me into a manic depressive well maybe not quiet that bad but I was an emotional wreck all the time. I went back to the doctor and she said you have to give it time so I gave it another month and by the second month I was coming home teary eyed, thinking dark thoughts about my life I was just completely depressed as well as being a right bitch to my other half. I spoke to one my friends and she had experienced the same thing so I stopped taking it and went to the well woman centre and aside from the doctor being very understanding she gave me a different pill which has been working fine ever since. I would'nt say I've lost my sex drive - just that I have it less since I started going with my boyfriend at first. I think that is mainly down to the fact we both work long hours and we are always doing different things in the evening and just too tired. Julie
Way hey! Another sex post! This is my favorite read every day. Don't mean that in a pervy way just all very illuminating.
Julie, made me super psycho even when I changed type of pill,so now I'm less psycho but have three children! Next year it's snip snip for my hubby though....can't wait for that, but and this could be a post for the future, the semen tastes differently after the snip! maybe ice cream...or chocolate sauce flavour...
Anon, I'll do some boring mummy ones tomorrow....or maybe a knitting pattern or my sausage pasta recipie? :-]
Or back to form, and make it a sausage pattern? Willy warmers, anyone?
I've never taken the pill. Only ever used condoms - which has let me down once because the telly was broken,I didn't use one and had an immaculate conception, really. Though if I'm being totally honest, I may just have been lucky a few times in my younger days...
I've a friend who was put on the pill before she started college, to sort out her period problems, and she never had a period again until after her third child was born in her early forties - and she also felt it changed her temerament completely, for the worst.
I dunno, I'm suspicious of it myself. But then condoms never bothered me or the husband,m s we're lucky in that respect.
I've seen the pill turn people into psychos before, which variation I don't know. Ditto with the losing the sex drive thing. It is the great Catch 22 of reproductive medecine.
God, and you think I'm a nympho Jo!!! You are so Durty!
Doorty!
I've been taking the pill in some form or another since I was 16 and its taken till I was 25 to find the one that suited me. I actuall need the pill to balance my hormones. Every year I take a break from it for about a month (we use condoms then)and I go completely crazy and constantly emotional. I prefer the pill,myself and my fella got checked out before we slept together so I know he and I are clean and I prefer the feeling of sex without a condom. Sorry I know girls aren't supposed to like that but I do. Like you wrangler I adore sex.I have 9 vibrators and loads of other types of toys,I go to lap dancing clubs wih my partner for fun. There is Nothing to be ashamed about just cause you love sex. Its the church fault with their crap Catholic guilt. I've only every had one pill thts lowered my sex drive and I think thatss why I became depressed as well . Now I'm on a good one my poor fela can just about keep up .
Anon, that's fantastic, now I feel like less of a weirdo, do you think me just talk about sex more so it's more acceptable? I mean it's as if female masturbation doesn't exist! You are probabaly younger than me and haven't got kids? I think it;s accaptable to love sex then but once you are someones mother you are supposed to stop! Thanks for the comment!
Post a Comment