Wednesday 25 July 2007

Big girls




BBW, Big girls you are beautiful... don't be ashamed of your tum, or bingo wings..come on shake that booty to Mika....we are fecking fantastic. I'm so sick of being ashamed and self conscious. My size 18 body has made and delivered with minimal interference three amazing little people! stick on a corset, or magic knickers or push up bra, love your good bits....look at Beth Ditto she's a big curvy girl, but sexy. Confidence is soo sexy!



I know I'm like a broken record with this one, but it bugs me! I don't want anyone else to find me sexy, I don't want fat to be the new thin, I just want acceptance of everyone whatever they look like. There is room for the size zero role model , there should be room for the size 16, 18 or 24 whatever (admittedly we need a little more room)


Curvy is nice, I don't know why it's become such a terrible thing, people wrap it up in concern about peoples health, but it's not that, why should some stranger be concerned about my health...I'm not a smoker either...you can't get "passive fat"! You just don't like the way we look, you look away, it makes you feel uncomfortable...why?What's in your psyche that makes you so uncomfortable that you can't even look at me? Surely if I'm OK with me you shouldn't care if I paint my self purple and wear a gimp mask (neither of which are gonna happen...although then people would say look at that purple gimp mask fat woman)



On the other blog I post for some one has started a thread about dieting, all woman love to diet and it has resulted in people swapping tips etc, people engage with that, but being happy with yourself seems to be less popular, why? Is it a Catholic self hating guilt thing? I don't diet, I try to eat healthy but if I ever want to lose weight (which I do sometimes, funny thing is I always return to exactly the same weight when I return to my regular lifestyle) I go to the gym, only thing that works for me. Anyway, as a habitual non dieter I find it amazing we give it so much attention, DVD's, books, magazines ? We hand over our credit cards and our souls to these people, but surely if there ever was a magic diet (say stitch and starve) it could never be publicised, cos you buy it once, you lose weight (and the tricky bit) keep it off, that's it, you never need to buy another shake or book or carb free bar again.


Sorry, this is a recurring theme I know, I think what's brought it on now was sitting in the hairdressers last night, all the pictures in magazines put me in awful humour. I do honestly believe no matter how skinny you are you'll never be happy until you are happy in your own skin, be it size 4 or size 24!

1 comment:

PolkaDot said...

It's those damn magazines!

I've gotten to the point where I'm happy to a point with myself. I don't feel too healthy, which is the only reason I'd exercise. I do feel okay with my body shape (minus the pooch on teh tum), and as long as I can keep up with the kiddies, I"m good!

I think that confidence really is sexy; it doesn't matter the size :-D