I had my babe's three month developmental check with the public health nurse on Thursday, now I've had some bad experiences with the health nurse before so I was dreading it! I had met her once before when the baby was a few days old, but I was so hormonal and crazy at the time I don't remember much!So on Thursday morning I visited her, she was only complimentary about my babe, saying how lovely it was to see a baby so happy and healthy in body, mind and spirit. He is tall, 30", and big 14 lbs and 10oz! But he is so happy, so content and this was what she found so interesting, she said a lot about happy mother, happy baby! I have to agree with her, he is happy and I am happy! They say we are a different mother to each of our children, I'm definitely a happier mother than I was twice before!
But the funny thing was afterwards, I went to drop my son at swimming and i met my friend, "gosh you look lovely today, your make up looks cute", I told her I was at the nurse this morning, "ah!", so as she nods knowingly, So I figured meeting the health nurse i had to make an effort, nice outfit (skirt and top, high heeled boots) and put on make up (foundation, eyeshadow and red lipstick). "You know, I had to look good, nothing says I'm coping like pillar box red lipstick", followed by much laughter. Later I was telling one of my other friends about this and she was laughing, then saying maybe i was too perky, too positive!
You just can't win! I feel fine, i look fine and the baby is fine, but I still felt like i was being judged as a mother! I'm a wonderful mother, and if you spend any time in the company of my children you would be in doubt, I don't need a Eastern Health board employee to tell me that!

No comments:
Post a Comment