Monday 9 July 2007

Big car, small....?,


Do you like my new car? How impressed will the yummies at the school be when I drive up in that? I think it'll take up the whole road, squashing all the SUV's in it's path! I get really annoyed with people in SUVs I am anti SUV! Those huge cars, as high as a lorry, blacked out windows, like houses on wheels! You know what they look like, they are fairly prevalent in Dublin today, from Coolock to Blackrock they have full penetration. Wherever there is a tiny woman who needs to feed taller - they are there, wherever there is a couple who need a larger status symbol than their Lexus - they are there and wherever there is a sad separated man looking for a new view on life, and a newer model for a wife -they are there!

I hate them, for a variety of reasons, the way they affect the environment, the bull bars which kill on impact and the wanker drivers! Oh the wankers (I hate that word by the way but it applies here) they can't drive, you think when you got a huge car, the size of a bus that you'd make sure you could drive it. Maybe a special wanker driving course? Then the environment, they pay extra cos they buy extra fuel for the huge engine (are they the one's behind the war on terror, they need that petrol cheap damn it), road tax is more expensive cos of the big engine, is this enough? No, no,no they need a special tax, lets call it the SUV wanker tax.....or SWAT for short. I'm thinking 1000 Euro per month, also they should have to pay double the parking fees, as generally they can't park properly, and even if they can park the car is so big it takes up half of each parking space on either side!

Also they are maniacs on the road, several times I've nearly been side swiped by a tiny size zero yummy in a car, who just didn't see me in my little car. Last week while dropping the weenie to swimming, I was nearly killed by a wanker who turned right off the main road, if I had driven all the way up to the line she would have taken the drivers side off the car. Get hit by a standard car and it'll damage you and your vehicle, but when you are hit by one of these armoured houses you'll be destroyed!

I know I'm ranting, but it's a huge issue, and it's only gonna get worse as the cars just get bigger. I'm considering becoming Midget wrangler, environmental terrorist! petrol bombing the blighters (uninhabited of course)!

5 comments:

Jo said...

I suppose the only consolation is that they'll go out of fashion fairly soon - my friend's cousin sent her kids to Gerard's (now THAT car park is an expensive car fest if ever I saw one) and traded in her Merc for an SUV right away, because it was so necessary to have one up here - yeah, right.

I'd be terrified driving those things - except I suppose they're designed to roll over anything in their path, like a monster truck. A friend from the US said they'r even bigger over there, and htat here while we try to avoid collisions, in the States people prefer to just survive them! I saw horrible footage of an SUV literally on top of another car, blocking all the doors after an accident, it was terrifying!

aquaasho said...

I better not tell you what I drive Midge....we might have a falling out.

;-)

Midget Wrangler said...

Ohh sorry Ash! Is it a seven seater SUV or a real RV? You're a nice woman though!

aquaasho said...

Yeah yeah you won't want to know me anymore anyway when you get all those new commenters after this:

http://www.mulley.net/2007/07/10/fluffy-links-tuesday-july-10th-2007/

I'm not spilling the beans on the car/ vehicle but just to say I do enjoy mowing down old ladies regularly. That leaves quite a nice carbon footprint on the tarmac.

Midget Wrangler said...

he he! I like that! there are some old ladies I'd like to mow down.....I need to actually write something to get commenters!