Monday 3 March 2008

Saturday Night Fever!

I apologise for having no picture here.....I would like a nice picture of everyone at the blog awards having a ball, or even just a good picture of my boobs or blue patent leather shoes (tackyarama)! But my computer has died...totally, the motherboard has died and gone to computer heaven! So tonight I am using my lovely boyfriends computer, but being such technophobe I haave no idea of how to get a picture here!

So on Saturday it was the blog universe event of the year! The Bloscars or Bloggies! I had a totally amazing time! I was quite tame and well behaved, as on Friday night I had just totally lost the plot....now don't judge me too harshly, but I had a whole bottle of white wine, five JD and Coke....Saturday morning...not pretty! So Saturday night I stuck to the Coors light (a totally girly drink I'm sure you'll agree, only an idiot would think it was anything else....) I had about six, which is nothing really for a mad night out!

After all of my angsting over what to wear I had a costume malfunction on Saturday evening....never mind the fact thaat I was so so so hungover I couldn't attend the ladies bloggers tea in the Market Bar which sounded like such good fun, I was too hungover to make my hair appointment, then while getting dressed I realised I had a hole in the ass of my dress.......Fuck! So I had to go to the wardrobe and find something else to wear! I pulled out my top I'd bought for my birthday in April, I had ruled it out earlier cos it's so booby! I think I made the right decision as my girls got a lot of compliments on Saturday, them and my shoes! I felt grand after a fish and chips dinner!

So we rolled into the Alexander for the awards and there I met up with loads of the for nine pounders, and their lovely other halves, who were all looking amazingly fabulous. I found the awards really enjoyable, the ceremony was really enjoyable with a load of lovely little funny vinettes featuring George bush introducing the blog catagories, now anything you want to know about the blogs is on loads of other blogs so I won't go into who did what and who won what! Needless to say it was great and well deserving bloggers won! I also met all the lovely other bloggers I'd been dying to meet, and I won't list them all either, cos I'll defintley forget someone! The only person I was dying to meet aand missed out on was Keynoter, so if you are reading this I'll hopefully see you with Jo soon for a coffee!

I loved every minute of saturday, I loved the feeling of community, of a room full of 400 quirky outsiders, which is what I see bloggers as (that's a huge compliment from me guys!) I love the diversity of people, from interests and opinions to types of blogs. It was so lovely to feel part of something, something with no limits, no restrictions, no constrictions on who can and can't blog, maybe that's why some people don't like it, they like to have control of who says what, where and when!

Anyway, I will try to blog again soon! I miss it so much, I feel like I'm up in an ivory tower away from all my friends! Well I'll try to get back to reality as soon as possible, I miss you, and I love you......

No comments: