
Sorry I haven't posted guys, but I've had a social life this weekend!! Hubby was away on Friday night so It was kinda boring, hence the three posts on friday evening! On Saturday collected hubby from the airport and then headed off to Dundrum....YES, shoe shopping! We had breakfast and then shopping, then he slept for the rest of the day while I visited the parents, and visited New Look, I got an Elmo T-shirt and a Rolling stones lips T-shirt, can't wait to see what the yummy mummys make of those!
So on Saturday night we went out to dinner with my new(ish) friend and her lovely (I know he reads the blog sometimes) husband. Was our first night out properly minus all the kiddies, we went to Toscanas in Dun Laoghaire, we had some yummy yummy wine and the food was gorgeous, only the dessert was a disappointment! We had great conversations and didn't talk about the kids (much)! We rolled home, the kids were grand and it was so lovely to feel young and alive again! Real members of the human race! I got to dress up, wear my lovely dress (magic knockers underneath) and sexy red shoes!
So half way through the meal we were talking about my last posting about being in the George and my friend "Woody", and she said she'd never been in the George for the Bingo and she'd love to go. So we decided (two bottles of wine in) to go last night. The hubbies agreed to mind the children so we were sorted! Last night both of us looked lovely and we headed out into town, my lovely taxi driver friend picked us up and we headed into the George, now my friend doesn't like crowds and even the restaurant the night before had been a bit much but she grinned an beared it and we walked (buggyless- no buggy to hide behind) into the George, Which was packed....totally heaving, at eight, Bingo at nine thirty!
We got seats (very important if you are oldies) but my friend when he arrived told us they weren't good seats....they were right beside the bar, which to me is the best seat! So if you've never been to the Bingo at the George let me tell you a bit about it. Basically a drag show, the drag queens perform different songs, miming along to the backing tracks and putting their own spin on the performances, last night there was a Jordan lookalike preforming Regina Spector's "Breaks my Heart", and there was a bizzare preformance by a tall blonde Ru Paulesque look alike of a mish-mash of Bananarama and Gwen Stefani. They have the most amazing figures and the wigs were excellent. Then in the middle we had the Bingo bit, it was pretty rushed as it was a Bank Holiday and they were trying to get as much of the show in as possible.
We had a great time, at about eleven my friend left, she is so sensible, the tequila slammer was not a good idea! I stayed and had a great time catching up with my old friends, then at half twelve, just before I turned into a pumpkin, my taxi driver friend picked me up and I headed home!
It was great to be out and had a lovely evening, I it reminded me that even though I'm trying to make new mummy friends I also have to keep my old friendships going! It was great to feel like myself again! I'm gonna make sure I do it more often, I'd go every week if I could!

6 comments:
magic knockers? Freudian Typo or proud statement?
I just assumed you meant knockers too.....(dita corset and all that...)
Sounds like great fun! You sound like you really enjoyed it! (I'm so jealous, I never go out, that's by choice though so my own fault!)
Jo and Aisling it was a typo, I wasn't wearing the corset so it was meant to be magic knickers.... I actually was telling the gay men about them! But also I had great bra on and the knockers looked fab!!!
Aisling, If you don't want to go out sure that's ok.I go through cycles of wanting to stay at home all the time and then other times I just love going out! But once I'm doing what I really want to do it's all good!
Oh yes, they were magic knockers!! You could put an eye out with those things...
Thanks Elana, I think?
A friend of mine once said that was why the only men who chatted me up when we were out were all short, cos they were on eye level with my boobs and couldn't see my face, I'm sure it came out wrong!
Post a Comment