Friday 1 June 2007

Immaculate Conception

Do you know when you conceived your kids? I'd say you do! My first little guy was conceived in the Santa Fe hotel in Disney land, my second was the City hotel in Derry, and the third a very late night/early morning romp at home after a day at taste of Dublin and a night in the George (it was gay pride weekend) with friends. As none of my little ones were "planned" I never had to endure the whole "waiting to conceive", thing. So each of our deliveries happened none months after a night of fun, I can only imagine how difficult it must be for couples who have to endure years of planned conception, having to have sex at a certain time, legs up in the air, specific times of the month all the spontaneity taken out of sex!


But in a way I'm sad, It must be magical to know when you are "making a baby", as opposed to just having sex. I wonder what it's like, is it more meaningful? Does it make the experience more enjoyable? I'll never know because this is it for me, definitely!


As a post script, and although I know I don't have to mention it, but even though none of my little people were "planned", that doesn't mean I regret them, they were a wonderful surprise, and each surprise taught me a valuable lesson about dealing the hand you are dealt in life, I'm still learning!


4 comments:

Jo said...

Ha! My daughter was conceived because the telly was broken! I'm not proud of this!

A friend told me it was meaningful and magical having sex in order to conceive - tbh, I didn't find that - it worked for us on the second month, thank god, but when you have a small child, it's hard to find times and places - and hard to neg people to baby sit so you can have a shag! I was pretty stressed out about it, even though I swore I wouldn't be - partly because my lovely husband chose to start smokign again just before conception and was prioritising nights away with the lads over fertility days. I'm starting to feel he may be a bollox masquerading as a nice guy all these years, when I tot up the evidence...

Midget Wrangler said...

I do understand how you are feeling, I really felt like my hubby was my enemy when I was pregnant. It's easier now that the baby is born, but we still are trying to get used to our new lives1 It'll be even harder to find time for sex when baby is born....you'll never do it in bed again, it'll be the sofa for you my girl!!!

Anonymous said...

It wasn't the George, it was the Dragon! :-) J

Midget Wrangler said...

I'll have to post an apology J!!! How blind drunk was I? I think the decor was nicer than the George now you mention it, and the men were cuter:-p