Monday 18 June 2007

Ha Ha Ha!


When was the last time you laughed until you choked? Twice in the last week I laughed so hard and so suddenly that what I was drinking came spurting out of my nose! Water on Thursday night and wine on Saturday night. In fact on Saturday night I laughed so hard I thought I'd peed in my knickers! (I didn't thank god!)

It was great, you know that whole body laughter, you don't care how stupid you look you can't keep your dignity, you just hold on to your sides and let rip. Funnily enough I've been laughing a lot in the last month or so, when I was pregnant I didn't laugh much definitely not as much as I have recently.

My lovely baby loves to laugh, so do my other two kids, but the baby doesn't need a reason to laugh, just a smiley face looking at him. So I've been wondering if it's our natural state, do we associate laughter with people who are a bit silly and immature ? Feck that, I'm loving laughter, I feel great, it's lovely to smile (and if people think I look like an edjit then feck them!) Is it celebrities fault, do we all want to look like Victoria Beckham, sultry? Is sultry sexy? I think smiling is sexy, I love to see happy people, my mood lifts when someone smiles.

Why don't we smile all the time? The elderly smile more than we do (well some of them), and yet they've been through much harder times than we'll ever know. We've never had it so good apparently but we seem to have lost our sense of reality and awareness of how lucky we actually are. I know it's the removal of limitations in society, with no class system, celebrity and it's trappings become attainable, if only for 15 minutes. If fame and wealth are attainable for every one then dissatisfaction becomes the norm as we angst over not possessing these things.

I think we've lost our focus, we need to be satisfied with our lot, whatever that is, stop reading Now and Heat magazines and start to smile. Try it tomorrow, make eye contact and smile at someone, the girl in the coffee shop on your way to work or the bus driver, see if they smile back. It'll make you feel good and it might just make their day.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

Yeah!!! I"m smiling coz I'm first to comment!!!

You are SOOOOO right. You actually use more muscles frowning that you do smiling!

Smile on MW!!!

aquaasho said...

Aw MW can I just sneak the odd peak at Now and Heat? (If I promise not to read the bits about Big Brother characters?)

;-)

PolkaDot said...

The one on Thursday was classic, but I missed the one on Saturday night (I think. I again cannot remember past 10p).

You're completely right. If you make the *choice* to be happy, your world actually changes and things do light up. I love smiling at people who really don't expect it. And I always say Thanks with a smile, no matter who it is. Gives them a nice lift.

Midget Wrangler said...

Ellen, glad I gave you something to smie about. Ash, You can sneak a look, I do, it's how you look, if it's in a positive way it's cool but if it makes us dissatisfied then it's not good!
Polka, I have a friend who has the same philosophy and it has changed her life, i'm gonna give it a go!!!!