Friday 1 June 2007

Sacred Skin!

The other evening my (newish) friend spotted my tattoo and asked me did it hurt getting it done. I was kinda shocked, cos i often forget I have a tattoo, it's at the base of my spine, I got it done after having my first child as a kind of celebration of my body, it had managed to bring my wonderful son into the world, and at that time tattoos weren't as common as muck.

So I told her only the outline bit really hurt (on the spine- if you are getting a tattoo get it done on a fleshy bit of your body!), but then again I've had two of my little monsters with no pain relief at all! I had planned on getting it added to when I had more kids, it's a small flaming heart, black only, but I never found the time to get it done, and as time went on tattoos became more common place and I didn't get anything done!

I don't think my little tat goes down very well with the yummy mummy set! So I'm considering getting the work done on the tat, not out of spite (or to annoy them) - but because i should follow through- for the sake of the children, I should set a good example! Or perhaps I'll get another one done, I always wanted a little cute chubby cupid one on my bum, no one but my hubby (and doctor) would see it but I'd know it was there, also my butt is certainly fleshy enough that I wouldn't feel any pain at all!

In case you are wondering, I really don't regret getting tattoo done, even though they are slightly tacky, it's a permanent reminder that I am an individual and I was young once :-} Also it will be very useful when my little ones are not so little and asking can they get tattoo done, I'll be able to show them my decorated wrinkly skin! If that doesn't put them off nothing will!

3 comments:

aquaasho said...

Post a photo or at least an image like it. you're so good with the images!

aquaasho said...

Just realised how bossy that sounded! (But I'd love to know what it's like!)

Midget Wrangler said...

I'm trying to get a picture onto the computer, hubby installed Vista on the laptop and it's acting kinda crazy! You're not bossy at all, just a mother...soon to be a mother of three so you are gonna need to be really bossy:-}