
Sitting this evening, I was sorting the ironing, hubby was feeding (again) the baby, nine year old boy was reading a book and three year old girl was (supposedly) tidying her toys. Hubby asked the eldest to help her out, throwing his eyes up to heaven he said, "But I'm knackered!"
Horrified my hubby said, "young man I don't want you using that word!" "Why?" Said my little guy. "Because it's not a nice word", replied hubby. Son looks confused then says, "What's wrong with it? We say it in the school play next week!"
Needless to say I'm taking him out of school immediately!

6 comments:
What's wrong with 'knackered'? Is it because it means 'sexually tired' as we found to our amusement as youngsters?
Everyone says it!
Did your husband really say 'young man!'? how sweet!
What's wrong with 'knackered'? Is it because it means 'sexually tired' as we found to our amusement as youngsters?
Everyone says it!
Did your husband really say 'young man!'? how sweet!
I didn't think it was a bad word either? I'm not fond of the word "shagged" when people mean tired. I kinda like "knackered"! But when you hear it from a nine year old it probably sounds like a curse!!
I can hear my mothers voice now saying E L L E N whenever I used the K word. I use it myself but not around the kids. When they say it I instantly feel myself morph like the incredible hulk into my Mother.
Okay, then, someone translate it for me, cause I thought it just meant tired!
see my egotistical double post, sabove! (sorry about that)
Post a Comment