I think I need some kind of drug, some Prozac or tequila or something, is gin mothers little helper? Today I wish I'd never had children.....any children, not the first the second or the third! Some days I feel like this, usually because my little guys have driven me demented from morning to night, today the baby was still struggling with his teeth (if one more elderly woman asks me if he has any teeth I'll bite her myself!), my daughter is going through a year long tantrum which morphs from anger at the food I'm (attempting) to feed her to how she wants to go to bed "NOW", how long before it's the situation in Iraq that's "SO UNFAIR"? And my nine year old son, what did he do to upset me, well apart from losing his new jumper only three weeks into term he's just silently sulking, taking 90 minutes to do half an hours worth of homework.These things are enough to have me clawing at my hair (which is rapidly disappearing) but today something else pushed me over the edge.....other people, in particular other peoples children!Today I had a play date with one of the nice mothers at the Montessori, her little boy is in my little princesses class, she has a sevenish old boy and is pregnant with her third! Now I like this woman, she like me doesn't "do" the mummy thing, we are the same age and I get the feeling she kinda fell into motherhood like I did, but even then I have to do the whole baking a cake, buying the bloody natural company jellys and never offering bloody squash! Why? Will ours kids explode if they are exposed to the "unnatural" colours and flavours....? They taste like nothing....I remember the sweets when I was young, ones that exploded in our mouths (spacedust?) sherbet dabs, wham bars, I'm sure these were bad for us (good news for the dentists though) but they were fun, when my mum had kids over for tea we had a bag of Tayto (oh no, think of the saturated fat) and a banana sandwich, then as many sweets as we could eat before we got bored (or sick). The mum brought over the kids today and I made a yummy orange and chocolate (of course organic Green and Blacks) cake we had organic juice and the natural jellys, kids worked themselves up to a frenzy, when she dragged her kids out of the door, my daughter was OK because her other friend had popped in, but when she left......OH MY GOD! Temper tantrum!
Anyway today was a crap day, tonight was better, I dished up pasta with tomato sauce to my hubby and kids (almost throwing the baby at him as he walked in the door) did the dishes, grabbed my lipstick, out the door to Dundrum where I met a friend for black coffee and conversation! Now my friend has no kids so our conversation was about men and handbags!

2 comments:
Shit, I never thought of going to Dundrum AT NIGHT. Nice one.
Not sure what was wrong with the other person's children though - what did they do wrong? :)
You'e got to buy the sour jellies, they're the business. Have to admit I like the rest of them though, I like how juicy they are.
DO people still eat banana sandwiches, I wonder? I have a banana aversion due to a childhood binge, so I'm afraid you'll hae to stick to making organic treats for me :)
The other kids were just there....I'm a terrible person I really don't like kids, please don't be offended, I am always nice to peoples kids, I just don't like them. They are noisy and I don't love them....know what I mean, all my friends kids are lovely yours included, but on a bad day, when I fantasise about leaving home another handful of kids on top of my own is just too much! I love banana sandwiches...with tayto in there too!
Post a Comment