Monday 10 September 2007

I'm angry and I need Sugar!


I hate Mondays......My husband is here over the weekend so I have adult company and I get a little bit of time to myself, I can pop into my neighbour for a chat without bring the kids and all the stuff that we have to haul around when we go anywhere! Monday it's up at a stupid hour to get showered and dressed kids fed, lunches packed, then it's a series of very badly timed drop offs which end with me dropping my husband into work at around ten, then the baby and I head home together. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not working down a mine, I have no terrible illness (that I know of), I'm a lucky individual, but Jesus sometimes I hate my life....



Now I've said it (again, I don't want it to become a theme on my blog, but I know I've said it before), I feel a bit better when I say it. I don't hate my kids, of course I love them, they are my heart, I never thought it was possible to love so much, the more I love them the more love I have to give, but the stuff I have to do so our life flows along the way it does? I hate that! I often think if I didn't have to do so much I'd be able to enjoy my family life a bit more!



Baby hasn't stopped pooing all morning, I think he's brewing another one now, he is teething again I think, and isn't happy doing anything for very long, so I've committed the modern mortal sin....TV! I plopped him in front of the TV so I could clean the kitchen, hoover and wash the floor....I know it's wrong, I know people say it could cause ADHD....but I need a few minutes! I don't want my kids to get ADHD, but I also don't want to wind up in St Pats.....which is highly likely! So now telly is back on and it looks like I'll actually get this post finished in one sitting! Without a baby bouncing on my knee! I've even managed to have a cold coffee!



So this morning on the way to drop my hubby into work I was filled with my Monday melancholy and I got involved in a discussion with my husband about the DVDs we had out over the weekend (oh baby screaming now....knew it wouldn't last) So this discussion escalated into a row...over DVDs? It wasn't over that at all, it was that he thought I had all this time to spare where I could just pop down to the shop.....now there is no parking near the shop, so I have to park somewhere else and then drag the three kids down to the shop, once in the shop then it's can we get a film/popcorn/ice cream and a mobile phone?...You never "pop" anywhere when you have three kids! "Crawl" maybe?



So we had a mini row over this, so stupid! We kissed and made up, diffused the situation with humour as usual! My husband went into work, and I went home to the chores that waited for me. My husband is respected and well paid for the job he does, at the end of the day he is tired but because he loves his job it tends to be positive tiredness, I am a vegetable at the end of the day, my brain is fried and all I've done all day is menial chores, cleaning, cooking, seeing to the feeding, then cleaning up the resulting poop! I'm really selling it to you now aren't I?



Tonight we have a babysitter (we didn't go anywhere over the weekend) so we are going out for movie and food, or walk and food, whatever is possible in the time available. When I go out this evening I'll be shattered, like a vegetable, probably too tired to get changed or put on any makeup so I'll be like a zombie! Even if there is vomit on my top (baby vomit) I'll probably still wear it out! By the time I meet my hubby (after this afternoons activities -son has swimming, so added stress) it'll be nearly seven and I'll be narky, he'll have to ply me with caffeine and sugar just to get a smile! It's hard being a mum, when are we gonna get some recognition? Maybe free chocolate and wine along with our "mickey money" (children's allowance)!

4 comments:

aquaasho said...

Get the sugar into ya and sit in front of the TV yourself!

I had crazy days like that last week when I never stopped all day and into the night but this week I'm chilling. I've been on the computer all morning, I'll worry about the washing later!!

Enjoy your night out!! You deserve it!

Jo said...

Yes, yes! A mother;s allowance! Chocoalte, wine and lipsticks. Earrings - generally, 'ladeis' nice things' as Marian Keyes puts it. Genius. That would certaily make me feel better about the poo and drugery.

I deal with it by not cooking for cleaning much - hte only problem this brings apart from living in a tip, is that I'm ashamed to have anyone over, and if I want to get my motherinlaw to babysit or have people in, it's a day of frantic cleaning before I can!

And my daughter has impending scurvy...

You do end up not popping ot the shop because it's so punishing. And I sometimes leave the kids in teh car, whihc I think I'm just going to stop doing ever, make it a new rule for myself What if what if...

Midget Wrangler said...

We all compomise on things once we have kids don't we....I'll scrub the bathroom but I won't have time to tidy the toys....I always have to tidy when we have people over, even the babysitter! Once it's clean I'm happy, clean but untidy is ok with me!
Ash it's movie time tonight....Dundrum and then a bite to eat, I'll relish every minute of it!

aquaasho said...

I just came from Dundrum, a quick visit. The Junior Certer needed new shoes for the results party on Wednesday! Enjoy your movie!