Wednesday 6 February 2008

Beautiful Day!

Ok, so the picture has nothing to do with my post....but it's a picture of my bunny suit (not me in it though!) I just have been looking for a reason to post it and I don't talk about my sex life anymore...so unless I go to an "adult" fancy dress party I'm not gonna be posting about wearing it!

So today started badly, my baby was ill, he has had a cough and a runny nose for a little while now, but I thought it was just a teething thing! But it has been getting worse and last night we both had very broken sleep. So this morning I decided it was a good idea to bring him to my GP, although he hadn't a tempature you really can't take risks with a 10 month old!

So children dispatched to school and Montessori I passed on my weight watchers indoctrinating for this week and headed with the baby to the doctor, so turns out it's just a headcold, my doc perscribed saline nose drops and gave me a script for an antibiotic if he hasn't improved by the weekend, he's a good Dr, walks the middle line between giving or not giving antibiotics. So safe in the knowledg that my little prince would be alright I headed into Dundrum, it was 11.30 at this time and I had an hour to kill.

I parked in a place I never park in and when Iwas on my way up in the lift I got chatting to a woman whith a little girl the same age as my baby, I was struck by how big my guy is, and we were laughing because she was her second, he was my third and I'd just gotten a perscription for the pill from the doctor....maybe you had to be there, but it was funny! So I was laughing away as she went one way and I went another, I hear "Midge?" and I turn around to see one of my dearest friends coming towards me, after lots of hugging and "you look greats" we headed off to have a lovely bowl of soup for our unexpected lunch and catch up. I am delighted to report that her life is in a great place and it was a joy to spend a little time with her.

When I was just sitting down to eat my phone rang and it was my friend asking if she could keep my daughter for the afternoon, to amuse her little guys, totally unexpected, but it meant I could relax, and I did! When lunch finished I headed to do some window shopping, I have lost weight recently as you know, and now as a size 16 there are shops I can shop in now that I've never shopped in before, So I ventured into River Island and tried on a few things....I can't possibly explain how that feels, and why I hadn't ventured there before now. So what can I say, I was bad, I bought a lovely wrap around top....my first ever purchase in River....that's a milestone!

I headed home, fed the baby, did some domestic stuff, my daughter was in my friends, my son has art after school, so I was alone until 3.45.....bliss! I had spent some time preparing a nice spinach,vegetable and chicken curry, which they have just inhaled! Now I have had ten minutes to post about mt perfect day, and it's not even over yet, I'm heading out to a science thing with my man! The home for some wine and snuggling! I'll tell you what, life is good, and when it's good there's nothing better! And sometimes life throws the most beautiful days at you when you totally don't expect it!

7 comments:

Jo said...

I can't help but feel your day would not have been so beautiful had we kept our original plan!

I'm not sure where that leaves me :) but I'm glad your baby was sick this morning.

And I'm so glad to see you having good days to postabout as well as crappy ones!

aquaasho said...

OH MW, even I feel good reading that! What a great day. Here's to lots more!!

Me, you and Jo must have a morning in Dundrum some time....

Journey to a Centum said...

Are you sure that your doc didn't slip you some Prozac when you were looking the other way? You are a burst of sunshine! Sorry for the rant in the comments from your previous post. You touched on a subject that I support with all my heart. Hope you had fun with "Mr. Science" or "That Science Guy".

You remind me that under normal circumstances it's our choice to have a good day or a bad day. It's all about how we react to what comes our way.

You are an amazing writer. I think you could write a post on watching paint dry and make if fun and interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Eric

Midget Wrangler said...

Jo, We would have had a lovely time too, but sometimes everything happens for a reason!

Ash it was just an amazing day all in all!Oh yes, that would be great, let's get organising, as my baboig won't settle in the gym creche and he's on a break for a while, so every mornign suits me for a while!

Eric, you didn't rant, and I loved your comment! I love this aspect of the internet, connecting to people through exchanging opinions, even if there is no common ground! Actually I do love a good arguement!YOu feel passionately about home schooling, and I love listening to people speak about anything they feel passionately about! I am gonna post later about how my evening went! I am so tired today though! Staying up late on a school night, drinking red wine and eating good food we prepared together!!! Perfect end to a perfect day!

Tiberius Gracchus said...

Can I come and be broken into the world of Dundrum? Have still never been there.

Midget Wrangler said...

OMG, I can't belive you've never been! Oh the north/south divide! We'd love to take you out for coffee, but I fear you wouldn't be able to handle the three of us,what do you think ladies?

aquaasho said...

Yes Yes Tib I'd love to meet more 4ninepounders! And I love coffee!