Monday 26 November 2007

Weight Watchers!

OK, so unless you haven't read my last few posts you'll know that my life has changed recently (I hope for the better). So a lot of my posts have been about my size, I'm cuddly (as a very nice person said recently) But now that my life has changed so dramatically I've decided to make some lifestyle changes, to improve my health (both physically and mentally) and also to improve my confidence!

Now before you start rubbing your hand's together and saying, "I knew it, she wasn't happy being fat, she was just pretending!" I'll tell you something. I am happy in my own skin, I'll never be skinny, in fact I'll never be slim, I am a size 18 and I want to be a 16...maybe a 14 at a push! I love myself with all my curves but I have let myself go since the kids were born, I believe it or not used to love the gym! It was the only time I lost weight, while eating my normal diet!

So now that my relationship has finished is not that I feel I have to lose weight to meet someone special, not at all, I feel like I want to take care of my body, eat the right food and exercise. So I joined Weight Watchers (for the first time ever) and the gym! I'm thinking about my body, about what goes in and what I'm doing with it! I suppose i fell like if I spoil myself a little but taking care of things I'll be better able to cope with the things that are going on in my life!

And I do feel better, I suppose if I wasn't making this effort to be healthy I could fall into the trap of eating as much as I wanted , "because I'm alone..and no one will ever love me again!", or drinking a bottle of wine every night," to just get me through the night"! So I'm making a conscious positive decision to be my best friend, taking care of myself (as well as my weenies).
I never thought being selfish was a positive thing, but now I can recognise it as a healthy thing.

I'll keep you updated on my shrinking! I have to say I'm very disappointed at the moment I've lost half a stone, but a lot of that seems to have come off my boobs!!! Not happy with that!

8 comments:

aquaasho said...

Good luck with the new you MW!
I've joined a gym too, it's something to keep me from spending money during the day when the kids are at school. :-)

Midget Wrangler said...

Hey, great minds think alike! it is a good thing to do when they are in school, busiest time of day for them I'd say! there is drop in childcare so I leave my little guy in the nursery for about an hour, today went great, so back tomorrow! You are so healthy though you are a great role model!

Jo said...

I dont think taking care of yourself is the same thing as being selfish! A telling glimpse into the psyche of the Irsh Mammy.

I remember telling someone whod been wided at a youg age about how my father had essentially kicked my mother out, having chosen another woman over her - and she said that if that had hapened to her she would have 'eaten herself to death'. God, I can relate to that. So much bette rto excercise. I did 2 Pilates classes today, and walked up two different hills (well, sloping round, not preoper hill walking hills). How Californian am I?

Anonymous said...

I'm not one for weight watchers myself but I applaud anyone with enough will power to stick with it.I'm a firm believer in getting enough exercise and cutting down on the crap when the jeans start getting a bit tight, easier said than done though. Off to yoga tonight with my partner as we both feel like we could do with a bit of toning up. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I would see either of us at yoga!!

Midget Wrangler said...

he he he! We are all so healthy! Feels good! But i do have to say when I saw the total calories I'd burnt I was tempted to have some chocolate....

Jo said...

I have to say, every time I I'd well at WW I'd run out and stuff my face. Self sabotage?

Midget Wrangler said...

Jo you are beautiful, just the way you are, I'd love o have a figure like yours, tall and curvy!

Jo said...

That should have read, 'I'd do well'.

Seriously, tall is in the eye of the beholder! Scraping 5'4 is not tall for most! And I wish I had your shapely ankles!

I do love losing weight though, I love the extra energy, the buying new clothes, getting reaquinted with my waist - and my favourite bit, poking myself in the breastbone and feeling hardness instead of cushionyness!

But I also am fond of over-eating on the sofa and thats winning at the moment...