Friday 23 November 2007

Dating Virgin!

OK, so you all know that I've gone through some changes recently, my relationship of 17 years was going through a lot of downs, not too many ups! So my partner and I have amicably separated and we are trying to establish a new relationship! It's weird, everything has changed, but stayed the same! We are still exceptionally good friends, we are still the parents of our three children, but also now we don't live together (first time in 14 years) we aren't accountable to each other and both of us are alone in the world as adults for the first time.

Now my Ex isn't dating as far as I know, but as he is out in the work force he has no problem meeting girls (and he is a lovely guy) so it won't be too long before he has female company. Now I am at home, my little baby boy is only 8 months, so while I looked at returning to work I've decided to try to wait it out until he is a year old, so how do I meet boys...I mean men (remember last time I was single "my mate fancies you" was dating)? Seriously how do I do it?

Now it's not like I'm desperate for a man in my life, having spent so long in a relationship, and having my family completed, I don't need a man to make me feel "complete"! But I would like some male company, girls are great but I always liked to chat and flirt with guys! So how do I do it? Now I have a very flirty butcher but I think he's married, and going to bars or clubs to meet guys is not something I enjoy, much too messy!

So a friend suggested a particular dating website, and with my heart in my mouth and a glass of wine in my hand I took the plunge! Now it's early days but I have to say I've been chatting to a few nice men, even though at the moment I don't think I have the balls to meet any of them in the flesh! The etiquette of Internet dating is funny, I am very careful never to be in any way suggestive, because if that's what you give out that's what you get back! And a couple of my friends have had really dodgy experiences with guys like that!

OK, so I have to go now, it's play date time again, don't think I'll meet any nice guys down the playground, any single ones anyway!

7 comments:

Jo said...

Oh God. Don't be dating your married butcher. Or single Dads just yet, that's a Susan Sarandon movie waiting to happen. :)

I just dont know. Single lurkers out there - show yourselves!

Perhaps you should just hunt down some likely looking ones and drag them out by the hair...

Midget Wrangler said...

He he he! God you make me sound like a maniac!

Jo said...

You may have to be one! Perhaps you should go to a meeting of maniacs annymous and suss out the talent.. :)

You may have noticed I have noticed I have no advice on this one. The only single men I know are 21! And I don't know them that well. God, that sounds terrible.

Anonymous said...

I think speed dating is a good way to get back into meeting people. It's also a good laugh if you go with a few friends.
You meet people in the strangest of places these days, one of my friends has a habit of picking up men on the bus! I think the secret is not not actively look but be active - go out, try different activities and stuff.

aquaasho said...

The last wedding I was at was a couple who met on the WWW. And he was the complete opposite to every guy I'd ever seen her with before and they're perfect for each other.

Just shows it works sometimes!

So exciting for you MW! I'm jealous!

Midget Wrangler said...

Voodoo, I think you are right, it's just being active in your life, actively living! I am doing that for the first time in years!

Ah Ash, that's a lovely story! You shouldn't be jealous just yet! Wait till I bag George Cloony!

Jo said...

George Clooney would never be on the bus though.