Last night I went to Dundrum to meet Jo(the mama) for a cup of tea and a chat, it was mad, I got there at half seven and was driving around looking for parking, fruitlessly trying to avoid having to park in the basement! Eventually I found a space (in the basement) and I headed off to meet Jo.We had a lovely chat, and she gave me a lovely (yet uneaten) chocolate salami from Italy! Thanks Jo, that's not in the kitchen btw, it's in my secret drawer in my bedroom! So we said our goodbyes and headed off to our cars, Jo had managed a space right beside Starbucks....I trudged down to the basement!
Once in the basement (why can you not get down there directly?) I paid my parking fee and headed to my car, feeling quite relaxed and happy. I got into my car, turned on my lights and CD (Mika in cartoon motion) and checking mirrors backed out....slowly, slowly, everything clear....CRUUNCH! Asre! Arse! Where did that huge silver car come from? I swear it must have feckin teleported behind me cos I hadn't seen it at all!
I was shaking, it had been a big crunch, I got out of the car and looked, no marks on either car (it was a WV Passat, I think they are tanks!) But I felt awful leaving the car, so I waited, in my head I said ok, I'll wait half an hour, if no one comes I'll leave a note with my mobile number! I was shaking, I thought about leaving, there was no mark on the car they'd never know! I didn't run away I waited and after just twenty minutes an elderly couple showed up. They seemed baffled as to why I was telling them this...."But there is no damage?" that was said more than once!
So I had stopped shaking at this stage and headed home! I was glad I stayed to face the music, but still maybe I should talk about it in therapy next week...why I need to be sooo good all the time?

2 comments:
You hit a car, left no mark, and still felt the need to be good about it??? Girl, check your head (that may mean something else entirely, but it seems appropriate!).
I'm sorry you had a bang, though, I've had so many, it's a horrible feeling! HOrrible!
On a happier note, I am so liking the sound of your secret drawer.
Post a pic of the salami!
x
You get such a fright don't ya! I remember my first knock. And you know what I remember most: after telling about 6 people about what happened who just offered lots of advice, one friend just walked up and hugged me. Nothing else. Just a big hug. I cried buckets and felt better straight away!
Post a Comment