Sunday 30 December 2007

Pavlova Palava!



Today I visited my friends in Prosperous in Co. Kildare, we used to live in the same estate, we actually went to school together, she and her husband have two wee ones, one aged four and one eighteen months. She cooked Sunday lunch for me and my little ones, lovely chicken and garlic in pastry, mashed potato and vegetables. So I brought one of my famous Pavlovas, Big enough to feed at least a dozen people, never mind three adults and five wee people! So we enjoyed our dinner, and then when the meal was over we pulled Christmas crackers and swapped Christmas presents.


Now I have been so exceptionally good over Christmas, I was thinking "what the hell, I am gonna have a lovely big slice of pavlova, topped with pears and chocolate! Yummy!" But it never came, no dessert came, at all! And I had brought the dessert! I now I'm not complaining, but this has happened before, I make something delicious I bring it to someones home and then they don't cut it, they don't offer to cut it! What is the story with that? When someone brings something nice to my home I will open it and share it! I have gotten texts from them this evening saying how yummy it is! So they are enjoying it!

6 comments:

Ellen said...

Just maybe.... she was trying to be nice by not tempting you since you've been so good all Christmas!!

Midget Wrangler said...

nope.....they always do it!!! And she wouldn't know about my weight watchers!

Jo said...

I'm shocked! That's so awful! ?? THe only other dinner faux pas I can comapre it with is my Italian friends living in CAnada - htey invited a couple over for dinner, Tiziana made lasagna, she's a wonderful cook - the couple took one look, declined and - ordered pizza!

Midget Wrangler said...

Oh, that's rotten Jo! I would be mortified! They would never be invited back!

Anonymous said...

That is awful. I think I would have been so appauled I would be cheeky enough to ask for a slice!

bennyboy said...

Knowing your pavlova I'd covet it all for myself too...