
Ok so this post has been a coupleof days coming, I think I have had a bit of bloggers block! I have had loads of time so it hasn't been that, it's been difficult to write. So if I go off on far more tengents than usual please understand!
So, on Friday night I went on my first date since my separation, in fact my first date ever (teenagers did not "date" in my time), I was very nervous as I hadn't met the guy before hereafter he will be known as nice guy,(although I lied to my mum -and remember I never lie- that he was a friend of a friend), we got in contact through an internet web site a few weeks ago, started to chat, turned into phonecalls and we got on really well! So on mone hand I knew him quite well, talking for hours late at night you do get to know people, but on the other hand I had never met him and had only seen pictures of him.
The plan on Friday evening was a drink, then food and then another drink or something, being a woman I angsted over what to wear for my night out, dress and boots? That seemed a bit too much (if I'm honest a bit too sexy), Jeans and a nice top? high heels? I decided on jeans, red silk Cami top, red cashmere cardigan,velvet jacket and wedges not stiletto heels! I think I looked nice, I did my make up as usual, and my hair while doing my make up I had a nice little Polish Vodka and some apple juice. Taxi was outside now, so I washed my teeth (sign of a potential alcoholic), reapplied my lip gloss (weird tingly cinnamon/chili one) and off I went!
Taxi driver was a card and told me his life story, and in no time at all we were in Stephen's green, my mouth was dry now and my heart was pounding, I resisted the urge to ask him to drive around the green a few times! Steeling myself I left my good friend "Frank", and I headed to the pub, walked straight in, up the stairs to pee, thought about running, decided to stop being a baby and headed in, got a drink then looked around for a familiar face.
There he was, smiling (good sign?) sitting not too far from where I was, went over, awkward hug and peck on the cheek, then it was a bit weird for a few minutes and next thing I knew two hours had passed! We talked a lot about both of our lives and what had brought us to the place we are in now, he was as interesting and entertaining as he was on the phone, so I was ok, he also hadn't run away yet or received an "urgent" phone call from home! Heading over for a bite to eat I was feeling good, ok I can do this, it's not so difficult!
Went to Wagamama, which was yummy, had another beer, so I'd had one Polish vodka, one normal vodka and a beer by now, still sober! we chatted away I ate with a fork while he used chopsticks (if I had tried I would have looked like the baby with the spaghetti on her head!). Conversation flowed and as it was quiet it was easier to chat, now he is a really lovely guy and very sweet and complimentary, now I have no idea how to deal with that, when you are in a relationship for nearly 17 years you forget what that is like, so I was basically blushing constantly! Yummy food eaten and bill split 50/50 (see I do watch sex in the city) we head to another bar for a beer, which was great, time flew and we got up to leave, now I'm not boring, but at half twelve I was shattered, I'd been up since six! So he's a northsider and I'm south we had to part on Grafton street (thems the rules, to stop interbreeding!)
Now here is where is gets sad, and I feel like an edjit, we said good night, and hugged, then he went to kiss me (I mean duh! it's not like I didn't think it was gonna happen- I would have been horrified if he hadn't attempted a kiss) but i panicked, I pressed my lips up against his cheek with a kind of schoolgirl coyness silly for a thirty something mother of three to possess! Then I quickly untangled my self and headed towards the safety of the taxi Q! Shouting back my goodbyes over my shoulder.......OH MY GOD! Am I bloody 16? I got about twenty steps when I just felt so ashamed of myself, here was this lovely guy, who I like and I think likes me and I reject him on Grafton street cos I got scared! So in the taxi Q i texted Science Guy, saying I was an idiot and that I just got freaked....and what do you think he did? He texted me right back saying it was fine and that he hoped I wanted to see him again, so we have another date for this Friday night!
Now my problem is he is sooo kind and caring and lovely, I keep thinking it's too good to be true!

4 comments:
Youre right - you can tell he's definitely only after your fortune.
Glad it went so well! x
yes....my fortune!
Oh that's so romantic! Really. He sounds lovely. It's kinda funny that someone who writes about sex toys on her blog is all shy and coy about a snog on Grafton Street. Deadly! :-)
I think Ashling that my previous relationship was just so focused on the physical that I really don't want that again! It would be nice to have a bit of romance...well and the great sex too :-)
Post a Comment