I am sorry, and I know you are all gonna think badly of me but I ****ing hate Christmas! I am sitting here, it's twenty five to nine, the baby is asleep, but the older two are wide awake and wired! (to the fucking moon!) I have had a load of neighbours visit tonight, I have handed out gifts I have received boxes of chocolates with a smile on my face! But I just hate this, I don't want to do this, I don't want to have to spend Christmas alone with my children, I don't want to do Santa solo! I am just so lonely and sad tonight!I am kinda wishing I didn't have the kids, I wish my ex did, then the pressure would be off. I love my children, i want Christmas to be magical but my reserves of emotional strenght are totally used up and it is difficult not to lose patience when they won't sleep! I am just sad, my ex has just been talking to me, he is upset too, he misses the kids, we miss him....please tell me it will get easier!
I am going to my mums tomorrow, she is a good Christmas dinner chef but a crap hostess! The attitude she loves is, eat and get out! And she thinks she is doing us a favour! I am dreading it! Kids will be up early and my ex will arrive at around half ten and I'm cooking a full Irish. After I've cleaned up I'm gonna feck off up to the bath , where I'll face pack and de fuzz! I have some lush lovely stuff! I also have a great book to take to the bath with me!
I just wish it was anytime of the year except Christmas! You know I have good friends but my friends are all up to their nads at this time of the year and I am aware that I don't want to impose on them! I just miss the closeness of having a partner to share the evening with! Well to be precise I miss the partner I spent the last 17 years with! And now my son who is nearly ten is experiencing his first Christmas without his daddy! I feel really crappy, how fucked up am I that I couldn't keep my husband long enough to see my kids into teenage years!
I am 34 years old, I am single for the first time, I am trying to make my life a new positive life, as I believe that is the only way to do this, the only way to make my children happy too. But it is so difficult, I just want my ex to wrap his arms around me, tell me it's gonna be ok! But that is never gonna happen and I know that, I refuse o live in denial or hope for even a few hours! Bit it's hard being realistic and honest, at times like this denial looks good!

3 comments:
Of course it's crap this year, hon, how could it be anything else. I'm so sorry.
Please impose if you'd ever like to! You're not some pariah, you know. Please come over Stephen's day!
I'm sorry you and the ex couldn't have just spent the evening together, seeing a you're both feeling low.
This is the problem with Christmas. it comes with such high expectations of happiness, that if you're not in a place to enjoy it, depressed, homeless, lonely, poor... it makes your situation seem so much worse.
PS - easy on those exclamation marks. Everything in moderation - I know you're off the sweets but-!
Jo, i love exclamination marks!!! They are great!!! Hee Hee!!!
Thanks for the invite, but I'm ok for Stephen's day, I'm having dinner cooked for me....forst time ever!
I know my friends are there but I'm not great at asking for help or support!
Happy Christmas!
Post a Comment