I love Lush.... like really LOVE it! I read the Lush Times newsletter (which is just ads for the products), I mark things I've tried or would like to try......I know exceptionally sad! The first store in Ireland opened in Dublin when my eldest child was only about 18 months old, so it was pure luxury to have 20 minutes in the bath alone, never mind throwing in a fizzing fragrant ball of fun and then smothering myself in rich body cream!At the time I spent lots of time (and pounds) in Lush, I tried all the nice indulgent treats, bubble bars, glitter massage bars, soaps with rassual mud in them, all sorts of bathroom goodies with ingredients good enough to eat! Many a long evening was spent primping and preening, the fresh face packs that you buy from what looks like a deli counter were my favorite treat! One thing I never managed to see the point of were the solid shampoo bars, they didn't lather so it felt like I was rubbing lard into my wet hair! Recently though I've discovered they've obviously changed their hair care products, the shampoo bars are amazing, they lather up fine, smell amazing (Godiva - Jasmine scented hair) they also have an amazing henna and jasmine pre treatment for your hair and some amazing natural (even Vegan) conditioners. After my last little guy was born, five months my hair started to fall out, it's hormonal, happened when my daughter was born too (so badly that time that I had a bald patch) so I'm taking action now before it gets too bad and using natural products is the best way to go (then if I need the regaine my scalp won't know what's hit it!)
When I started using Lush products people didn't talk about the environmental impact of using "nude", solid products, no packaging and no preservatives! I was only interested in half an hour of pampering once a week. Now they are pushing their nude products, they last for ages and are really effective!
I know this looks like a mad infomercial about Lush but my be next time you are buying a shampoo you'll consider trying a solid one, or even swapping your shower gel for soap? Make a trip into town and try them out, I guarantee after using soap again for a few days you'll wonder why we all switched to gel in the 80's....OK I know it was the eighties!!!!

4 comments:
Have to say their visuals are fantastic, you walk into a shop and it looks like you're in an old fashioned grocery store (very deliberate) as it emphasises the "natural non-corporateness" they try to portray.
I've loved it since I went in London with a firend years ago - actually, she bought me a chocolate themed birthday present - chocolate, Lush chocoalte products, drinking chocolate.
But what I really don't like is their agressively over friendly sales pitch. Leave me to shop, I'll ask for help if I want it. My shy cousin actually had to leave the shop and come back in the first time she went. I'm going to start issuing orders next time they accost me, os I can get on with it while they scurry around, like throwing sausages at a doberman...
They're still using sodium laryl sulphate, unfortunately ...
i haven't been in in ages, i remember the pushy sales assistants though. i find some of their things are too strongly scented, and i had a conditioner bar that didn't work at all.
but i like the shampoo bars, saves so much plastic! do you know if they have one with rosemary? i love rosemary scented shampoo!
how do you keep your soap/shampoo bars in the shower without them turning to mush? any tips?
i used to buy their rose and lavender hand cream, but now i'm a big fan of the hemp hand cream from body shop! great for eczema/dermatitis/super dry skin... doesn't smell as nice though.
The conditioner bars really don't work, but the conditoner in the tub does! They have a cinnamon scented shampoo bar, "New" I think it might have some rosemary oil in it! I put the soaps and shampoo bars in a little bowl on the window ledge, I find they don't turn to mush, then again as there are two adults and two kids (and one baby) the soap doesn't last long enough to get mushy!
Post a Comment