
OK, so I lapsed, I'm a lapsed blogger! I'll say five Hail Marys and an Our Father.
If you are a reader of my blog, which if you are reading this then you are....duh (sorry brain still not working properly), you'll know I haven't posted in a while, first I was in Maine then I was home and a jet lagged vegetable (something awful like boiled cabbage, or kolrabi, yuck) then I just couldn't get back into it, I've started watching films with my husband...not blogging and catching most of the movie as I went, we also have had a wonderful babysitter that has meant that we have been out for three nights of the week for the last three weeks. That has been amazing, If you are every considering spending money on marraige counselling don't spend the money on a good sitter, I think we've remembered all the things we liked about each other!
So my blogging has been replaced by my life, you see my other half had blogged for several years and for years he suggested that I join up, (chanting "one of us....one of us"), I always gave him the same answer, "Why would I need a blog, I am too busy living my life", so it was only since my youngest son was born nearly five months ago (when my life disappeared)that I started to blog (I have found great comfort and support from the blog and the people who read it and comment), but now when I have rediscovered my life, (and the man I share it with) I have had no time for blogging!
I'm sorry, I've felt like I was being unfaithful to the people I've begun friendships with via the blog. Now of an evening when we have a sitter we go out to Dunlaoghaire, walk the pier and have a huge (delicious) burger in "Real Gourmet Burger" (if you haven't been there, GO!) or we head to a movie and eat a huge bag of minstrels (I know, but I'll be happy and diabetic). A night at home consists of snuggling up on the sofa with hubby watching a movie, then tea and thick white toast and butter.... OK so it'll be happy, fat, diabetic and high cholesterol! Bliss
I have another secret....you all know that my lovely American friend reintroduced me to knitting recently, and I have been clicking those needles, but when I was away in the states I had another revelation (I watched a lot of the DIY/ craft channels) and I remembered how much I loved to make my own clothes and jewellery, so when I got home I stocked up on beads and fixins, and I started to make my own bracelets and strings of beads....so this is how I'm been unfaithful to you! Too busy being creative and having fun to blog....I'm sorry!
But relax, chill... (or chillax as my hairdresser said to me last time) next week our wonderful sitter is going back to her real family and we will be set adrift on the sea of boredom and frustration and as a result I guarantee I'll be blogging again!

5 comments:
Hi MW
I'm kinda the same, very busy living life! I find it's easy to comment but not enough time to format my own thoughts to blog! Glad to hear you're enjoying life, making stuff is so rewarding!
You don't have to apologise for not blogging, that's the good thing about our own blogs, we can do what we like!
I feel guilty if I don't though, though I know there's not really anyone reading it - how odd is that?
I want ot recreate a beautiful necklace I saw in Next - I have to get down to BDI and see if they have the same beads. I love it in there.
I have another friend who makes jewellery - she gave me a necklace for my 30th that is really my favourite piece of jewellery. And I'm wearing my green bracelet with joy all day!
i know what you mean about not blogging...
photos of the bracelets please, and of the knitting, when you're back!
Where's BDI ? I go to the place in town used to be in Crown alley in Temple Bar, now in a posh bit near Castle street!
I'm not great with photos....tell you the truth I never value anything I make....I know Boo Hoo!
I love that you're doing crafty things...you have such a good eye for it!! Blog whenever...heck, my other blogs are *languishing*. Must get back to those....
Post a Comment