Monday 26 May 2008

Bag O Wine!



I was in Centra in Temple Bar last Friday (when I was buying my tickets for the Burlesque ball...get them while you can!) and I saw this! Bag O Wine.......


Now I actually find screw top wine fine, it stops me struggling with the cork and probably ruining the wine, actually as my favorite drink at the moment in Prosseco there is the cork to pop...which I love! But I feel like this is a step too far, now eliminating the bottle makes the whole thing lighter, so if you were going on a picnic or something I can see how useful it would be to have a bag of wine, like an adult Capri Sun (is there a straw stuck on the side I wonder?). But apart from that it just doesn't work for me, ok less packaging, but surely glass is easier to recycle than the twp different types of plastic in the pouch and the cap?


I will buy one though...I had a great idea, freeze one, a white one...and with the alcohol it won't freeze completely it would be like a wine slushee.....Yum!

3 comments:

Julian said...

Hello from Bubble Brothers! We're still kicking ourselves we didn't get in sooner with these. We sort-of ignored the samples that we received for too long (didn't think the contents could be all that exciting). When we got around to tasting the wine, though, and deciding we liked it, the supplier was already working with someone else in Ireland. How handy would these be - though I take your point about recycling - for trains'n'planes?

Midget Wrangler said...

Still haven't tried the wine yet! Trains and Planes, dead right, so much lighter and unbreakable!

Julian said...

All we had was the Merlot... but after most of a year standing on the shelf it was still brilliant (for wine in a plastic bag). Enjoy the sunshine - I'll see you on WP next time.